Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ideas for license assignment & price information

Ideas for license assignment & price information 13 Oct 2012 00:11 #1901

• Texter
Hi,

after successfully implementing PPD on my website, I have some ideas about how to handle several resources for one article and price information for resources.

On my website, I am using two ways for selling access to articles:

1. An unregistered user can buy a access to a single premium article without license.
2. A registered user can buy a license, which gives him access to all premium articles for a limited time.

At the moment I am using one license, which is assigned to all premium articles. If a user wants to buy access to a premium article, he will be directed to the page with two payment messages: One message for the single article, and another for the license.

In future, I am planning to create more licenses. All these licenses will be assigned to all premium articles. In this case, a user will not only see two, but some more payment messages on one page. This will probably be a bit confusing. So I would like to show the single article buyer only the payment message for this single article without license.

This is my first feature idea: It should be possible to separate it from the payment message for licenses.

My second feature idea is close to that. I want to assign several licenses to every premium article. For this purpose, I will have to create several resources for every article: One resource without license and an additional resource for every license that should be assigned to this article. My proposal is now to add a license list to the resource editor, where I could choose the licenses that should also be assigned to an article.

My third idea concerns price information. On my website I have a place with price information for every premium article. When my premium articles become older, the price will be reduced. For this purpose, I have to change price information twice: in PPD and in my price information place. My proposal is now to create a plugin that includes price information for certain resources, based on the resource ID, in content articles. The plugin could be activated in content articles by a tag like "{PPDprice_id=1}". The result would be that I need only to change the price of a resource in PPD. And in my price information place it will be done automatically by the plugin tag.

What do you think?
Last Edit: 13 Oct 2012 00:19 by Texter.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ideas for license assignment & price information 16 Oct 2012 20:03 #1904

• Ratmil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 25
Hi, Texter.
About your e-mail.
idea 1: Yes, I can add that feature to PPD. That could be an option in configuration, but it would make more complex and more confusing for manager.
idea 2: Do you know that if assign different levels of licenses you don't have to assign different licenses to resources. Example, you assign license 1 with level 1 to resource 1, and create license 2 with level 2, then license 2 can be used to access the same resource.
idea 3: You are right here. There should be a way to show price information. That's is an excellent ide.
If I don't provide the answers you are looking for, I may provide the questions you need to find the answers yourself.

Re: Ideas for license assignment & price information 17 Oct 2012 04:41 #1906

• Texter
Hi Ratmil,

concerning idea 1, you could leave the standard option as it is at the moment - and add a voluntary option to separate the payment message for single articles from the payment messages for licenses. For managers who don't care about this separation, it would be as simple as before. And other managers like me would have a choice.

About idea 2, thank you for this advice. I will check how it works. And of course, it would be great to have a feature to show price information.

Re: Ideas for license assignment & price information 18 Oct 2012 01:45 #1907

• Texter
Hi Ratmil,
Ratmil wrote:
idea 2: Do you know that if assign different levels of licenses you don't have to assign different licenses to resources. Example, you assign license 1 with level 1 to resource 1, and create license 2 with level 2, then license 2 can be used to access the same resource.

What I want to create is a license for students for half of normal price. I have tried it the following way:

Created license 2 with level 2 for half price of license 1 with level 1 and assigned it to user group "Student". Parent group of user group student is "Registered". User group "Student" should have access to resource 1 for half price. "Registered" users should be able to buy license 1 for full price, but not license 2 for half price.

Unfortunately, this seems not to work. All "Registered" users are able to buy license 2 for half price and to access all resources of license 1, even if they don't belong to user group "Student".

Is there a way to manage this with license levels?
Last Edit: 18 Oct 2012 03:15 by Texter. Reason: Update

Re: Ideas for license assignment & price information 18 Oct 2012 18:56 #1910

• Ratmil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 25
In PPD all users are allowed to buy all types of licenses.
When you assign a user group to a license, it means that the user will belong to that user group after buying the license.
The best way to achieve your goal is to use coupon codes, that will be delivered to students.
If I don't provide the answers you are looking for, I may provide the questions you need to find the answers yourself.

Re: Ideas for license assignment & price information 19 Oct 2012 00:14 #1912

• Texter
This sounds good. Is there a feature inside of PPD to deliver coupon codes to certain users?

How does it work?
Last Edit: 19 Oct 2012 00:15 by Texter.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds