• Page:

TOPIC: Not working if 'Direct link' is enable for a file

Not working if 'Direct link' is enable for a file 2 years 9 months ago #1241

• GammX1
  • Gold Member
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Ratmil, again
I have almost done but finally PPD do not work correctly (do not redirect to the "PayNow" page if I have set "Direct link" inside the PHOCA DOWNLOAD File configuration...

Scenario:
- My files a very big (between 80Mb to 150Mb and with the target to give the best service and to avoid claims because broken downloads, my files are hosted in my Amazon S3 account with Cloudfront service enabled that allow the to final user to download from his closest amazon.com node (mirror). This service covers worldwide service.
- The Amazon S3 Cloudfront links a extremely long and can not be set inside PHOCA DOWNLOAD as they are... Then I must to short this very large links using the bitly.com service...
- Again, PHOCA DOWNLOAD do not accept the short bit.ly URL's without enabling "Direct link" inside the PHOCA DOWNLOAD File configuration and
- PAYPERDOWNLOAD do not work if the file is not locally hosted (aka if "Direct link" inside the PHOCA DOWNLOAD File configuration is enabled)

Please, is there away to solve this big problem? (I have not other way than to host the files in the cloud to eliminate broken download problems to my final members/users)

Your quick answer will be very appreciate,
Thanks in advance,
Rgrds,
Joomlas2Go! Project
The Standalone Joomla! Development Server Tool
Local, Simple & Standalone ... Try It to believe It!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Not working if 'Direct link' is enable for a file 2 years 9 months ago #1247

• Ratmil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi, Gabriel.
Payperdownload doesn't work with Phocadownload if you enable direct link.
If you host your files in a different server then people will be able to download your files without paying if they know the link.
You have two choices:
1- Put the link in an article and control access to this article using Payperdownload. Anyway, if people share this link anyway one will be able to access.
2- Using Payperdownload and Phocadownload sell a small program to download and activate your software.

I have no more ideas.

Re: Not working if 'Direct link' is enable for a file 2 years 9 months ago #1253

• GammX1
  • Gold Member
  • Senior Boarder
Hi,

Solved the issue to be able to use the original Amazon.com S3 Cloudfrond long link (over 420 caracters) inside the field 'external link' just manually editing the length/Values, VARCHAR Type at the structure of the jml_phocadownload table from 255 to 455...
Now to use the long URL path is accepted through the backend File details panel and I can use now "Extenal file" without enabling "External Link"

Note. Could you explain little bit more, what you says here (I not really understand what you say here):
'2- Using Payperdownload and Phocadownload sell a small program to download and activate your software.'

Thanks4all!
Joomlas2Go! Project

Re: Not working if 'Direct link' is enable for a file 2 years 9 months ago #1254

• Ratmil
  • Administrator
Instead of selling access to the whole 80 mb file. Sell access to a program that downloads it.

Re: Not working if 'Direct link' is enable for a file 2 years 9 months ago #1257

• GammX1
  • Gold Member
  • Senior Boarder
For your info: Added MIME type files for 7-Zip files at PHOCA DOWNLOAD allowed for download + the already reported change at jml_phocadownload table:

"inside the field 'external link' just manually editing the length/Values, VARCHAR Type at the structure of the jml_phocadownload table from 255 to 455"

That changes solved the reported problem.

By the way, may be you need to update your payperdownload-help where you say:

The message "If you think that the text “You need to pay for this resource” is not suitable you can change it in configuration. Search the attribute “Resource Payment View Header”."

and

The message “The resource you are trying to access requires the following license” can also be change. In configuration find and change the attribute ”License payment view header”."

Both sentences are at set inside the en-GB.com_payperdownloadplus.ini file and can not be edited through the backend config.

Thanks4all!
Joomlas2Go! Project

Re: Not working if 'Direct link' is enable for a file 2 years 9 months ago #1259

• Ratmil
  • Administrator
You can change it in configuration by setting "License payment header" or "Resource payment header".
It is the text that shows for license payment and resource payment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GammX1
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds