Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Max download count problem

Max download count problem 13 Nov 2015 19:22 #3223

Hi Ratmil! I have a problem with Payperdownload. I am in testing mode( test mode + paypal simulator are enabled). If I buy a file and then I paste the download link and download the file, then the file is always available for free although I have set max download count to 1. Is a problem caused by the test mode or something else? What I have to do to allow only a download per user after payment? Thank you so much, it is really important for me!
Last Edit: 13 Nov 2015 19:23 by Alessandro.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Max download count problem 13 Nov 2015 19:32 #3224

• Ratmil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 25
If you set a max download count to 1, then the current user will be able to download that file as long as the active session is on.
It says 1 but it actually means as many times as you want in the current session.
If I don't provide the answers you are looking for, I may provide the questions you need to find the answers yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alessandro

Max download count problem 13 Nov 2015 19:38 #3225

Thanks for the quick response! Excellent extension :)

Max download count problem 13 Nov 2015 19:53 #3226

• Ratmil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 25
I had to that fix because you may have a file that is downloaded using a client download manager. Usually, these tools download using multiple threads and that would cause the download count to increase more that it should.
If I don't provide the answers you are looking for, I may provide the questions you need to find the answers yourself.
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds