Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Promotional code

Promotional code 20 Nov 2015 07:33 #3227

hello, it is possible to give discounts to users who have a promotional code?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Promotional code 20 Nov 2015 13:28 #3230

• Ratmil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 25
Greetings.
I believe you are talking about Payperdownload. I am sorry but the component doesn´t have that feature. I would have to add it.
If I don't provide the answers you are looking for, I may provide the questions you need to find the answers yourself.

Promotional code 20 Nov 2015 14:24 #3232

Can I ask this addition? I can pay (if you do a good price :))

Promotional code 20 Nov 2015 15:08 #3235

Hello,

I do agree, this is a must have for such an extension.
So is 'discounts for license renewals'.
It would be great to see those features coming in the next releases, do you plan on anything like this in the near future Ratmil? Do you have any new development in the works?

Promotional code 20 Nov 2015 15:27 #3236

• Ratmil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 25
Hello.
Yes, I can add that feature. I will do it as soon as I have some time. I will let you know.
Please, explain your idea with more details.
If I don't provide the answers you are looking for, I may provide the questions you need to find the answers yourself.

Promotional code 20 Nov 2015 15:45 #3239

Thanks for your prompt answer.

Discounts for renewal:

the idea is to give any user who has a valid license (one that has not expired) the possibility to renew that license before expiration at a discounted price. So that if the license costs $60 for instance, the renewal, at at 20% discount, would only cost $48.

It is a win-win situation in this case: the buyer is happy because he does not have to pay the full price anymore and the seller is happy because the user has renewed his license.

Users can already renew their licenses easily in PayPerDownload, which is great, but they would do it even more willingly with a discount.
I would think each license should have a field 'discount for renewal (%)' that would be applied when renewing licenses.

Does it look like a good proposition to you?

Discount codes is a feature that is probably more involved, as you would probably have to create a view for discount codes to be able to manage them and apply them to licenses.

:-)
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds